Call for proposals 8th WRFC
Call for Proposals 8th WRFC – 2017
Elements of the proposal for hosting the 8th World Recreational Fishing Conference 2017
- Maximum of 10 pages (including all topics and information)
- Submitted as an enclosed PDF file
July 1st, 2014 by email to Prof. Dr. Ezequiel Theodoro da Silva, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the 7th WRFC in Campinas, SP, Brazil.
- New hosts submit proposal within the deadline.
- The International Advisory Committee of the 7th WRFC in Campinas screens the proposal and ranks the proposals against the below-mentioned criteria.
- In case the final decision is not previously reached (by majority vote), the Advisory Board will meet individually with the various applicants at dinner time Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 for a question-and-answer session to clarify and/or solve pending issues. A complementary power-point exposition, 15-minute long, is recommended to all aplicants just in case.
- The new host/2017 will be announced at the conference banquet on Wednesday evening, September 3, 2014.
Content and structure of the proposal
- Overview about conference organizers and conference location
- Motivation to host the 8th WRFC
- Conference theme and preliminary program (including proposed elements within the conference, e.g., standard talk sessions, workshops, educational activities, etc)
- Conference logistics (including travel)
- Proposed publication outcomes
- Preliminary timeline, budget and likely conference fees
- Reputation of the organizers within the community of recreational fisheries research and management
- Suitable logistical conditions
- Timeliness and excellence of the proposed conference theme in light of the legacy of previous WRFC conferences
- Likelihood to attract a wide range of recreational fishing stakeholders and nations
- At equal qualification of the organizers and at equal quality of the proposals, preference will be given to a new host in a country where the WRFC has not been hosted so far